|Using Calendars on Outlook|
|Below are some of the most frequently asked questions by faculty and staff when using the calendar in Webmail accounts:|
- Webmail offers a complete calendaring solution that is more than adequate for use by all staff and faculty. The calendar is accessible through the web interface(OWA), Outlook and on your mobile devices. You can create appointments, meetings, and most importantly, if you provide permissions, share your calendar with others.
- See details for this topic in the Outlook Web App (OWA) Tutorial section >>
- At the top right of the window select ‘Calendar’.This tab will bring you to the calendar interface. Right-click on the day you wish to create an appointment and select ‘new’ or select ‘new event’ at the top right of the window.
Once you have filled in the appropriate information, click save. You can also select a room or use the Scheduling Assistant to expedite a meeting involving several members. You must have permission from your department to use the provided rooms list, however, you can manually enter in the Location.
- On the left pane, right-click on the calendar you wish to share and select ‘share calendar’:
When creating an email through the OWA, click on the ‘+’ or ‘To:’
You will then be able to find a contact with whom to share your calendar.
- Webmail (OWA) allows you to assign the permission levels from the initial sharing action:
In Calendar view use the same menu you used for ‘Share’ and select ‘Permissions’
Find the user you shared the calendar with and from the drop menu set ‘Permissions’ for that user
From the ‘Permissions’ view you can select a user and change permissions