CUNYfirst / Campus Solutions Information for Faculty
- Advantages of CUNYfirst
- Planned Schedule for Implementation of Campus Solutions
- Activating Your City College E-mail Account
- Activating Your CUNYfirst Account
- CUNYfirst Basic Training for Campus Solutions
- Employee Self Service Training
- Faculty Training Guides
Advantages of CUNYfirst
- Each faculty member will have a single user name and password for all CUNYfirst applications.
- Faculty can directly connect via the Internet to CUNYfirst Portal from any location. CUNYfirst is not connected to the current CUNY Portal.
Human Resources Self-Service
This module enables faculty to:
- View, on demand, your personal information and work history.
- Change your personal email addresses (your City College email address must remain your primary address), emergency contacts, and professional memberships.
- Provide documentation to update changes and confirm current information for your:
- Home address
- Marital Status
- Name Change
- Social Security Number
- New or re-submitting I-9
- New or advanced degrees
- Honors and certifications
Campus Solutions: Instruction and Advising
This module has various features for faculty, advisers, deans, and chairs:
- Faculty can create and view weekly instructional calendar by daily, weekly, and monthly views
- Faculty can view Class Rosters as soon as students register—and email your entire class or specific individuals from the rosters
- Faculty advisers can use Advanced Advisement Tools to:
- See, in real time, student transcripts, current class schedule, and contact information, with the ability to contact students directly through CUNYfirst;
- E-mail an individual student or all your student advisees;
- Contact your advisee’s instructors through CUNYfirst; and
- View “holds” and other service indicators.
- Deans and chairs can view an instructor’s teaching history.
- Enrollment and instructor data feeds directly into Blackboard.
- A University-wide standard process will post grades electronically:
- This is an advantage for professors/adjuncts who have multiple campus postings.
- Quicker postings to student transcripts will support timely registration for pre- and corequisite requirements.
Planned Schedule for Implementation of Campus Solutions
- Claim your CUNYfirst Account: Ongoing
- View your personal information and work history: Ongoing
- Faculty adviser training begins: 2013
- SIMS system becomes inactive and read-only: TBA (Fall 2013)
- CUNYfirst go-live: 2013-2014
- DegreeWorks 4.09 and FACTS go-live: TBA 2013
- CUNYfirst Support Center opens (CUNYfirst Training Lab): Open-Reserved Scheduling: TBA
- DegreeWorks/FACTS Support Workshop Opens (NA 1/301, M-F, 9-5): TBA
- Faculty training begins: 2013
- New registration system go-live: TBA for Summer 2013 registration;TBA for Fall 2013 registration
- New web-grading system go-live: TBA 2013
- CUNYfirst Support Center closes: TBA 2013
- DegreeWorks/FACTS Support Center closes: TBA 2013
Activating Your City College E-Mail Account
CUNYfirst will send messages ONLY to your CCNY e-mail account. Please be sure that your account is activated.
Most faculty and staff members already have a CCNY e-mail account. The format follows this sequence: first initial of first name and last name @ccny.cuny.edu. An example for Mary Smith would be email@example.com.
E-mail accounts for faculty and staff who are new to CCNY as of Fall 2013 were generated at the beginning of the semester; the same process was generated for all of 2013 and going forward. To check on the status of your account go to ‘Activate Account/Reset Password Form‘ or contact:
IT Service Desk
North Academic Center
Room NA 1/301
160 Convent Avenue
New York , NY 10031