FAQs: Frequently Asked Questions for Faculty
|Below are some of the most frequently asked questions by students for using CUNYfirst our a Fully Integrated Resources and Services Tool.|
A1. There are three main areas in which new processes are being implemented:
- Human Capitol Magangment: the Human Resources module in CUNYfirst. (Base HR Processes, Employee Self Service Base Benefit Processes, Recruitment and Payroll (interfaces with NYS and NYC).
- Campus Solution: the student information system module of CUNYfirst. (Academic Structure, Course Catalog, Schedule of Classes, Student Financials, Student Records, Financial Aid, Admissions, Faculty Self Service, Advisor Self Service, and Campus Community)
- Finance: General Ledger, Procurement (Purchasing, Accounts Payable, and Expenses), Planning and Budgeting, Accounts Receivable, Asset Management, and Cash and Deal Management.
- A3. Your password must be:
- at least 8 characters long
- contain at least 1 uppercase letter
- contain at least one numeric char OR one special character
- must not be one of 4 previous passwords.
Note: Your password will expire 90 days after the last password change. The system will prompt you to change your password.
- A4. Visit the CUNYfirst website, choose “Forgot your Password,” and follow the instructions.
- A5. No. You are required to use your City College e-mail account.
- If you have not activated your City College faculty/staff e-mail account please do so now.
- >>How To Activate E-mail Accounts
- A6. Yes, but you have to use Mozilla Firefox.
- A7. Recommended browsers:
- For PC’s Internet Explorer is the best choice.
- For Mac’s CUNYfirst will also work on Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome.
- A8. Yes go to: https://home.cunyfirst.cuny.edu/oam/Portal_Login1.html.
- A9. In a number of ways. If you have a job that requires you to have everyday access to the system, you will be trained in a classroom setting by your peers. CUNYfirst training is based on a model called “Train the Trainer.” Professionals from throughout CUNY learn how processes work, and train individuals how to do their work. .
- A10. No. In CUNYfirst, you are assigned roles based on the work you do. Those roles are determined by managers and supervisors who are translating your current work into CUNYfirst functions. You will receive training to perform the exact tasks you need to do your job—no more, no less. If it is determined you need training on functions outside your role, your managers and supervisors will make sure you get it.
- A11. This may be because you don’t have the proper security roles. For help on that please visit Campus Solutions web page..