|Below are some of the most frequently asked questions by students for using CUNYfirst our a Fully Integrated Resources and Services Tool.|
- A2. EMPLID is a unique eight-digit personal identification number used in the CUNYfirst system used as a Student ID or Employee ID. It’s important to record your eight-digit EMPLlD! From now on, it will be used to identify you in CUNYfirst and across campus.
Also, please make a note of your CUNYfirst username (which includes your first dot last name followed by the last two digits of your EMPLlD).
- A3. Your password must be:
- at least 8 characters long
contain at least 1 uppercase letter
contain at least one numeric char OR one special character
- must not be one of 4 previous passwords.
Note: Your password will expire 90 days after the last password change. The system will prompt you to change your password.
- A4. Visit the CUNYfirst website, choose “Forgot your Password,” and follow the instructions.
- A5. No. You are required to use your City College e-mail account.
- If you have not activated your City College student e-mail account please do so now.
- >>How To Activate E-mail Accounts
- A6. Yes, but you have to use Mozilla Firefox.
- A7. Recommended browsers:
- For PC’s Internet Explorer is the best choice.
- For Mac’s CUNYfirst will also work on Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome.
Q8. I logged in to CUNYfirst but it says the name of another college in the banner, not City. What do I do?
- A8. Once you’re logged in, on the left hand menu select Self Service, then select Student Center. Scroll down and edit your Personal Information. Hit ‘Save’ and log out.
When you log back in in about 30 minutes, you should notice that the banner now reads “City College.”